Mission, Vision, Beliefs
Provide a superior educational system that challenges all students to attain their greatest intellectual, social, and personal potential.
It is the mission of Caledonia Elementary School to challenge all students to attain their greatest potential.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in a challenging learning process.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- All students in our school need to have an equal opportunity to learn.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for helping students learn.
- Interactions with adults and other students contribute to student learning.
- A student’s performance is enhanced by mutual respect among students and staff.
- Students learn best when our staff maintains high expectations for learning.
- Motivation to learn is influenced by a student’s emotional state, beliefs, interests, goals, and habits of thinking.
- Exceptional students (e.g., special education, limited English proficiency, talented and gifted, etc.) need special services and resources to improve their performance.
- Students learn more when provided with a variety of challenging instructional approaches.